Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) is constantly looking for ways to improve access to care by utilizing the newest and most innovative treatment options available. With American Well (Amwell)*, we’re bringing you the option of getting care from the comfort and convenience of home.
Amwell allows you to schedule and see a doctor from your phone, tablet or computer, whether you’re at home, in the office or traveling. Retail telehealth is a fast and easy way to see a doctor anytime. Your retail telehealth visits are private and secure.
What can doctors treat?
With Retail Telehealth you can take care of most common medical issues like:
- abdominal pain
- ear infection
These services offered to Blue KC members are currently limited to medical and children’s medical services only. Blue KC covers therapist services and ongoing counseling for concerns like depression, anxiety, stress, relationships and insomnia; however, we do not provide in-network benefits for Amwell.
What is the cost?
Amwell office visits are considered “urgent care” and will process according to your urgent care benefits, cost sharing or copay, but will not exceed $39.
When would I use Amwell?
- I should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into my schedule.
- My doctor’s office is closed.
- I feel too sick to drive.
- I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me.
- It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.
- I’m on business travel and stuck in a hotel room.
How do I sign up?
- Signing up is free, just download the the iOS or Android app by searching “Amwell” or visit Amwell.com.
- Be sure to include your Blue KC insurance information when creating your account.